Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Where I Teach Wednesday

Today for Teacher Week it's Where I Teach Wednesday!


I already posted a few pictures of my classroom here, but here they are again (a bit more organized):


I teach at a really small school in Seattle. We are grades K-6 and I think we have about 11 teachers/classrooms! I love having a small staff--you really get to know everyone! You also get to know the kids really well (some teachers have kids two-three years in a row because of splits!). My building has a pod design with four classrooms opening up to a small centrum area. We use this for small group work or testing. It's great! Also, two adjacent rooms in a pod open up into one big classroom. Our pod hasn't done this, but I know this year our 2 half-day K's are sharing one huge room. Should be interesting! The only downside to this is that we have this HUGE wall made of carpet... I have to use velcro to stick everything to the wall!

Here are a few more pictures. I should probably take more recent ones, but not that much has changed!

I'm proud of my new room and I'm excited to see my new students! Last year I didn't really get a chance to set up this room the way I wanted, so I'm feeling really refreshed!

Head over to Blog Hoppin' to link up!






2 comments:

  1. You have an adorable room. I love all of the bright colors. I am a 1st grade teacher too.

    I love the fact that you get to know the kiddos so well. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaia - your room is super cute, colorful and fun. I love it. Just found you and am your newest follower.
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete