Sunday, July 29, 2012

Updated Classroom

Spent some more time in the classroom these last few weeks and it's finally starting to come together. I'm really happy with how the walls turned out--I had no idea it would make such a difference! The whole room feels brighter and cleaner! I took tons of pictures!

Here's my classroom library. I really have a problem with books. And to think that I started last year with NOTHING. I spend a lot of time at garage sales and Goodwill. Thank you to my mom for scoping out garage sales with me!! My leveled library labels are from Ladybug's Teacher Files. Various other labels are from Lakeshore's Library Label kit, Kindergarten Kindergarten, and Kindertastic. (can you tell that I started the year by reading Kindergarten blogs?)

Classroom Library
Huge Word Wall!!
View into my library (love my rainbow curtain!!!)


View to my desk area
Kids' book boxes


Here's some of my alphabet cards (from Open Court). I added the labels on top (okay okay I know some of those "diphthongs" aren't actually diphthongs... but I needed a nice label to put on top so there!)


My student work display wall. I'm loving how it came out! I put their pictures in the middle of the flowers with their name. This year I used laminated scrapbook paper as a backing instead of just plain construction paper. 

Student work display wall
I'm super pumped about this media cart I found at the district warehouse. It's SO PERFECT for my projector, document camera, DVD player, and laptop! It is so dang handy!!! The backside of it was pretty ugly so I covered it with pretty contact paper I found at Target.

Media cart with contact paper lookin' fab!
Other side of the cart
Here's my "Math Closet". I redid this at the end of last year when we got all of our new curriculum stuff. Our district is using Math in Focus beginning next year, so I had lots of new stuff to store! I used shoe boxes from the Container Store and labels inspired by KinderTastic. I love this closet but most of my colleagues think it's "just sick"  :) 

Math Closet and Daily Schedule
Inside the Math Closet

I am realizing now that I forgot to take a picture of the front of the room and my cubby area, so I'll have to do that next time I go in. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment