Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bulletin Board Organization

I have been searching for a new way to organize my bulletin boards, posters, decorations, etc. I tried so many different things and never really found something that worked for me. When this was the TGIF deal on ReallyGoodStuff.com, I bought it to try it out (regardless of the bad reviews). It worked out okay but was hard to actually store because it's big and wide and you can't really stand it up on its side without everything falling out. I tried shoe boxes filled with little things, big posters stored standing up in two different cabinets, ziplock bags.... I feel like I tried everything! This summer, it was my mission to solve this crisis! I came across this bulletin board organizer and this border organizer and gave them a try. I actually found them at Michaels, so I could use my 40-50% off coupon and my teacher's discount on them! Lots of Michaels stores are also doing a deal right now where teacher's supplies are "Buy 2 Get 1 Free"! I've slowly been stocking up on these each week with coupons and various deals. 

Let me say... I love them! 

At first, I didn't know how to store these either. They're too wide to fit in my cupboards and kind of big to lay down. I wanted to find a way to hang them from the side of my file cabinet (since I have this corner of unused space, which bugged me) but command hooks were a little out of the question because the bags got pretty heavy. I found a great little wire shelf (well actually my mom found it!) at Big Lots and it fits perfectly in my little unused corner. I hung my bags with S hooks and ta-da! Perfect bulletin board storage at my fingertips! 
Here you can see my little crack of space. It's actually less space because I have the file cabinet moved over. I have extra corkboards, whiteboards, and an easel stored behind the wire rack.

Here's a look at my bulletin board bags. I have 5 of them and I divided up my posters and sets into different bags by subject area. My current bags are: Calendar & Welcome Sets (for all my beginning of the school year type stuff), Science, Literacy, Math, and Seasonal. 

Here's my border storage. Aren't these just the coolest?! They roll up into a neat little package! No more rolling, folding, paperclipping, or rubberbanding borders. I have 4 of these border storage things, each organized and labeled. I have Holiday, Stars, School & Kids, and Patterns. Can you tell I have a thing for stars?

Another thing I did was that I organized my small anchor charts, bulletin board accents, and other miscellaneous wall things into a file crate. I put each different piece into its own file with a label. This sounds crazy but it is SO much easier to find things! I just had to clear out a little space in a cabinet for the file crate. Here's what it looks like (it's not pretty or anything but works great!): 

Lots of things I've found in the internet are here... I have Hope King's PSA bulletin board, Cara Carroll's Calendar math helpers (I made to go along with her awesome calendar binder), lots of Daily 5 anchor charts, and anything else I printed out in hopes of using. 

I'm really pleased with how it all came out and I'm excited to find things quickly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment