Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Classroom Setup, part 1


I've been spending a lot of time in my classroom these past two weeks getting things set up and ready for next year. I know it's a little early, but I'm a little bit crazy and I can't sleep at night if there's lots to be done! I had to put my initial set up on hiatus because of a trip to Alaska (which was fun!) and a painting adventure. I decided to paint my walls this summer and nothing could be set up until I finished that.
Here is a little bit of what I've done so far:
Image
Here's the front of my room, sorry for the blurryness. The alphabet above the whiteboard is new for me this year, but I wish I had done it much sooner! I'm so glad they ended up fitting :)
Image
I LOVE my new window treatments! My mom and I saw these lei's at Hobby Lobby and decided we NEEDED them! I bought 3 leis and cut them to make strings. They also had garlands instead of leis, but the leis were half the price! I love how this turned out! I just hope it stays up with my painter's tape.
Image
Front right corner of the room showing the easel and more of the phonics. My school district uses Open Court, so these all belong to that curriculum.
Image
My sink and cubby area. The welcome bulletin is a work in progress... well everything is a work in progress at this point!
Image
My library area (which is a construction zone atm). I love how this is turning out. I'm going to try and put my IKEA leaf in the corner, so I hope that works out. I have a problem with buying kids' books...
Image
And finally, my desk area. You can also see my many Target bins... I still need more! Hopefully I can get enough to use as the kids' book boxes (I used the cardboard ones from IKEA last year, but they were so mangled). I think this area of the room will change the most as the summer goes on. I'm still waiting for another file cabinet as well.
Well, there you have it! My work so far! I'm very pleased with how it is coming out and I know I'll be spending more of this weekend in there! Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment