Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Student Check-in Board

As we continue to venture around my room, here is my student check-in board! 


First thing my kids do when they walk in the door is move their magnet from the Home side to the School side. This is my way of checking attendance. After everyone is in the door, I walk over and say things like "I see that Simon isn't here. Is that true?" then all the kids look around and giggle and say No! Simon is right there!! Then I ask Simon to come check in :)

I like this method because I can eventually have my Teacher's Assistant check attendance for me and it's really cute when they need to ask someone else to come check in. I do a basic Home/School board (versus a Hot/Cold lunch board) because all but 2 kids in my class buy hot lunch each day. So I basically never have to count :) We are also the very last class through the lunch line, so it never hurts to round up a few just in case!

The clipart is all from DJ Inkers. The little kids I cut out from a border, laminated, p-touched a name on, and put a magnet on the back. So far they are working out just swell, but I'm afraid that the kids will fall off and into the trash can (which sit right underneath!). I need a little "kid catcher" so that we don't lose anyone! 

If kids came to the "Meet the Teacher" night, I let them pick their kid. Otherwise I just randomly chose. They are super fun and I even saw students picking out their magnet on the borders I have up on my windows! 

No comments:

Post a Comment